- To use an absentee ballot in an election, you must be able to answer “yes” to one of these questions:
- Are you an active member of the armed forces of the United States?
- Will you be out of town during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Does illness prevent you from voting in person on Election Day?
- Do your religious beliefs prevent you from performing secular activities like voting on Election Day?
- Will you be performing duties as an election official at a polling place other than your own during all the hours of voting on Election Day?
- Do you have a physical disability that prevents you from voting in person on Election Day?
Contact your City Clerk for clarification and to apply for an absentee ballot. Contact information for Clerks’ offices is here.